Building a business case to support person centred commissioning
This workshop explored how to build a business case to support person centred commissioning.
- Understand the strategic work required to create a commissioning culture that supports person centred care
- Develop the negotiating, influencing and persuading skills required
- Explore how to embed and scale up innovative practice
- Complete an action plan that can be applied in your CCG
- Commissioners need to think about the assets in their community
- Person centred care needs innovative thinking
- Don’t forget narrative – for example, videos, explanations of the small differences, and case studies.
‘Healthcare professionals need to change to deliver this more person-centred approach and as a commissioners I would like to see more evidence of it in practice. We are so used to a paternalistic style. It is how we have been taught and what we see in practice, and what many patients expect’
(London CCG manager)