How to measure the impact of engagement on the ground
The workshop considers how health commissioners can better meet the requirement, as outlined in Transforming Participation in Health and Care, to publish evidence of what ‘patient and public voice’ activity has been conducted and the impact/difference that this has made.
- Develop an understanding of the benefits of impact assessment for public engagement and the risks of not undertaking such an assessment;
- Understand the need to plan engagement with a view to assessing its impact;
- Build knowledge on how to design an effective impact assessment framework as part of a public engagement exercise;
- Create a better understanding of critical factors behind an effective impact assessment and possible data sources which can be used;
- Know where to find other support and resources to support impact assessment.