Commissioning to reduce re-admissions and improve post-acute care
This workshop explored how to embed person centred care programmes to reduce re-admissions and improve post-acute care.
Case studies considered in this workshop included the Luton Meet and Greet Service run by Age Concern Luton and commissioned by Luton CCG, and the East Kent NHS Foundation Trust/Ashford CCG –systems approach to reducing hospital readmissions for frail older people
- How to commission personalised support to reduce emergency care
- How to develop an action plan to implement prevention programmes using peer learning
- How to incentivise and measure the impact of person centred care programmes
- CCGs and VCS organisations which can help with reducing readmissions both need to understand the bureaucracy and organisation of each other
- CCGs want to invest in services from the VCS that they can trust and can see data on – close engagement between the two can help to address these barriers
This workshop has been delivered. To enquire about future delivery options please contact us via the Get in Touch tab.